How to Refresh Tata Sky Set-Top Box and DTH Account Using 4 Proven Methods?
How to Refresh Tata Sky Set-Top Box and DTH Account Using 4 Proven Methods?
Today we will discuss about refresh tata sky set top box and dth account. Tata Sky Ltd is one of the biggest DTH service providers worldwide and is used in many countries by millions of users. After recently rebranding itself from Tata Sky to Tata Play, there has been new energy and identity created around it from the side of venturethree (a global brand design company).
Well, with all said and done for the intro, let’s get to our today’s agenda. The users of Tata Sky seem to often encounter an issue during bad weather conditions or recharging the set-top box.
If you also get the message “Your Tata Sky account may be deactivated” or “Your Tata Sky account needs to be refreshed”, then welcome to the blog! As we are going to cover all the possible solutions using some pretty easy steps that anyone can follow. In this article, we are going to discuss how to refresh the Tata Sky set-top box and DTH account and how we can refresh them after recharge.
When Do you Need A Tata Sky Refresh?
Tata Sky offers flexibility and comfort to its users so that they don’t get bothered by any interruptions while watching whatever they want. At times, even after recharge, the error messages appear or the interruption in connection continues to display, that is the time when one has to do a Tata Sky Refresh.
How to Refresh Tata Sky Set-Top Box?
If you are recharging an old Tata Sky account that was inactive for quite some time, then refreshing it is a must. It may sound like the opposite, but you have to make sure that your Set-top box is turned off when you recharge your Tata Sky. After you refresh your Tata Sky DTH account, the channels that you have subscribed to will appear in your account. It is easy to refresh your account, and you can continue reading the article to follow some easy steps.
And not just that, if you are facing issues like an unresponsive set-top box, no signal, or recording problems in the DV, then you will have to reset or refresh your Tata Sky Set-Top Box.
Follow the steps given below to understand how:
- Turn on the set-top box.
- Tap on the “Organizer” button on the Tata Sky Remote.
- Select the “System Settings” menu from Tata Sky.
- Then simultaneously press the 0 and 1 buttons and then press the Select button on the Tata Sky Remote.
- Now, you will find the Installer Setup where you can select to reset your Tata Sky account easily.
Now, using these steps you can refresh your Tata Sky Set-Top Box. Let’s see how we can refresh the Tata Sky DTH Account.
Steps to Refresh Tata Sky DTH Account
There are some ways to refresh the Tata Sky DTH Account. We have listed below some easy ones for you. One of them will most likely work for you as per your situation and the error message.
Via Tata Sky by SMS
The refreshing of your Tata Sky Account by SMS is the best method. In order to do this, the users have to send a pre-determined SMS to the Tata Sky service number. Additionally, these SMSes will be charged as per your mobile plan.
There are two methods to refresh – using the SMS, SR (Soft Reset), and HR (Hard Reset). When you soft reset, you have to wait for 5 minutes. And if it does not solve your issue, try Hard Reset. The steps for both of the processes are as follows:
- Send SMS SR to 56633 to soft reset your account.
- Now, wait for five minutes. If the issue persists, then try to hard reset your account.
- Send SMS HR to 56633 in order to hard reset your account.
Through WhatsApp Chatbot
To refresh your Tata Sky DTH account, you can use your WhatsApp number if it is the same WhatsApp number that is linked or registered with Tata Sky.
Note: If you have a WhatsApp account with a registered mobile number, you can follow this method.
- Add and save the digits +91-1800-208-6633 to your contact list, and open the chat with it on WhatsApp.
In case you want to do the procedure without saving the number, follow the below steps.
- Type wa.me/+9118002086633 in the search bar of any browser and look for it.
- Then you will be redirected to WhatsApp.
- Now, type Refresh and send it.
- After that, wait for 1-2 minutes.
And all done! Now your Tata Sky DTH account will be refreshed.
Using Tata Sky App
For both Android and iOS users, Tata Sky has its official application. With the application, the users can have access to their account information and other things about the Tata Set-Top Box. They can also refresh their accounts. To do so, you can follow the given steps below and refresh your account through the application.
- Launch the Tata Sky application on your device.
- Then in the top right corner, click on the profile icon.
- Tap on the Settings option, and a new tab will appear.
- Now, click on the Refresh Account button.
This way your account will be refreshed successfully through the mobile application of Tata Sky.
Via Missed Call
It is pretty easy to refresh your Tata Sky DTH account by the missed call method. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Dialer of your smartphone.
- From your Tata Sky registered mobile number, call +91-90405-90405.
- The call will automatically get declined from their side.
- Now, you have to wait for 1-2 minutes.
And that’s it, now your account will be refreshed successfully.
How to Refresh Tata Sky Account After Recharge?
If you are wondering why your Tata Sky continues to show the old balance or error for recharging the Set-Top Box, then you need to follow the steps to solve the issue:
- Give a missed call to 9040590405 from your registered mobile number with Tata Sky. Then wait for 2 minutes.
Now, your Tata Sky account will successfully refresh in some time. If the above-given method doesn’t work, then follow the step given below:
- Give a call to the Tata Sky Helpline Toll-Free Number 18002086633 from your registered Tata Sky number and choose the option of Tata Sky Refresh by pressing the number 1 on call.
Also Read: How to screenshot on Windows PCs
This way, your Tata Sky account will be refreshed successfully after the recharge and the updated balance and info will get displayed to you.
Tata Play DTH account and set-top box: different ways to refresh your account
- By missed call
- By SMS
- Through the app
- Through WhatsApp
How to refresh Tata Play DTH account by missed call?
The simplest method to refresh your Tata Play DTH account is by giving a missed call to a number provided by the service provider.
- Call 9040590405 from the number associated with the Tata Play account and wait for 2-3 minutes
- If the above method doesn’t work, call the Tata Play Helpline number 1800286633 (toll-free) from the registered mobile number and press 1 to select Tata Play Refresh option
How to refresh Tata Play DTH account by SMS?
In order to refresh your Tata Play set top box using SMS, users will need to send a pre-determined SMS to a service number, These SMSes will be charged as per your mobile tariff.
- For a soft reset SMS “SR” (without quotes) to 56633
- If the soft reset doesn’t solve the issue for you, go for a hard reset and SMS “HR” (without quotes) to 56633
If you are confused about which refresh option to choose, in that case, call Tata Play Helpline number on 1800286633 and ask for a suggestion.
How to refresh Tata Play DTH account through the app?
Tata Play has a dedicated app for Android and iOS users, which also lets users refresh their account. To refresh from the app, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the app on your smartphone and use you Tata Play login credentials
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner
- In the slide-out menu, click on ‘My Tata Play’
- On the next screen, select ‘Raise a Request’
- On the screen that follows, click on ‘Nature of Request’ and then ‘Unable to View Service’
- You will be able to see a ‘Refresh’ button on the screen
- Make sure your set top box is turned on and click on the ‘Refresh’ button
How to refresh Tata Play DTH account through WhatsApp?
In order to refresh Tata Play Account through WhatsApp, you need to have a WhatsApp account with their registered mobile number. After that, save the Tata Play WhatsApp number – +91 1800 208 6633 to your contact book. Then, you simply need to send the message ‘Refresh’ to the Tata Play WhatsApp number.
Tata Play DTH account FAQs
How can I activate my suspended Tata Play account?
In order to resume your suspended Tata Play account, login to your Tata Play account and go to the ‘Get Help’ section. In the ‘Get Help’ section, seek assistance from the Get Help Assistant and click on ‘Account and Profile’, and then select ‘Resume my service’ option. If you are unable to see the service even after resuming, give a missed call to 9040590405 from your registered mobile number.
How can we refresh Tata Play account if we don’t have the registered mobile number (RMN)?
You can refresh your Tata Play account by SMS if you do not have a registered mobile number. Type in ‘HR’ followed by space and subscriber ID, and send the SMS to 56633. You will be charged Rs 3 as SMS charges. Do keep the TV and set-top box turned on during the process.
What is Tata Play customer care number?
You can contact Tata Play customer care number 18002086633 (toll-free) to resolve your queries/complaints.
What is Tata Play WhatsApp number?
The Tata Play WhatsApp number is the same as their customer care number. You can WhatsApp Tata Play on 18002086633.
Ans: The users can refresh their accounts through their registered mobile number with Tata Sky. They just have to give a missed call on +91-90405-90405 and then wait for 1-2 minutes.
Ans: o refresh the Tata Sky account, there are 4 ways:
- By SMS service
- Via Missed call
- By using the Tata Sky App
- Through WhatsApp
Hope you like it this was all information about refresh tata sky set top box and dth account.