Different Methods to Take YouTube Videos’ Screenshots
Here in this article we will discuss about how to take screenshot from youtube video. Over the years, YouTube Videos have successfully attracted a huge amount of audience from different corners of the world due to the diversity of entertainment it offers. Not only this, but you can also download YouTube videos to watch them on repeat. Also, if you only want to keep the audio part, there are so many tools using which you can extract the audio from YouTube videos. Apart from this, you can also take a screenshot from a YouTube Video, (something that we all want to do).
This guide will take you through all the available methods to take screenshots from a YouTube Video for both mobile and desktop devices.
- On a Mobile Phone
Most of us watch YouTube Videos on our mobile devices, so here are the steps to take to get a screenshot for both Android and iOS devices:
- Go to YouTube and open the video you want to take a screenshot from.
- You can pause the video at the point that you want to capture or while the video is playing, press the Power and the Volume Down button at the same time and you will see the current screen getting captured. You can try again if it doesn’t works the first time. This method works for most of the Android models. If that doesn’t work, press and hold the Power button for a while and tap Screenshot.
iPhone X and later: Press the Side button and Volume button
iPhone 8, 7 or 6: Press the Side button on the right, and the Home button
iPad, iPhone SE, 5 and earlier: Press the Power button and the Home button
- On Desktop Using Browser
If you want to know the trick to get a screenshot on a browser on your computer or laptop, there are many:
Using Print Screen
Almost every PC and laptop have the Print Screen button and that will do the job along with other keyboard keys.
- Play the YouTube video in full screen so that no extra things on the screen get captured.
- Now you can pause the video at the point that you want to capture.
- To take a screenshot, it depends on the operating system and the PC brand you use; you can try the following combinations:
- Ctrl + Fn + PrtScn
- Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrtScn
- Windows logo key + Fn + PrtScn
This will copy the screen you want to capture, thereafter you can paste it in Paint to save it in the image format.
- Shift + Command + 3
Wait for the screenshot to save on your Mac.
Also Read: Lost the Flame? A Complete Guide on How to Restore A Snap Streak
YouTube Screenshot Extension
Next, you can add a YouTube Screenshot Extension to your browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, etc., and get the job done. Here are the steps:
- Open Google Chrome and install YouTube Screenshot Extension.
- Next, open the video you want to take the screenshot from.
- While the video is playing, you have to tap the Screenshot button in the lower right of the video; simply click on it to capture the screen.
- The screenshot will get saved in the ‘Downloads’ folder of your device.
YouTube Screenshot Generator
You can also use the YouTube Screenshot generator website to easily get the screenshots. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to YouTubeScreenshot.com
- Paste the link of the video in the given space and then click on ‘Show Screenshots’.
- You can create custom screenshots by pausing the video at the desired place and then click on ‘Take Screenshot’.
- Or scroll down and you will find some readymade screenshots to choose from and you can save them on your device by right-clicking. However, they are limited so you can better use the custom option.
YouTube Screenshot Button
Another easy method is using the YouTube Screenshot Button as follows:
- Install the YouTube Screenshot Button on your browser.
- Go to YouTube and play the video you want to take the screenshot from.
- While the video is playing, you have to click on the Circle button in the lower right of the video; simply click on it to capture the screen.
- The screenshot will get saved in the ‘Downloads’ folder of your device.
Way 1: Print Screen
This first method is using Print Screen (normally labeled PrtSc on the keyboard) to capture images from YouTube videos. Here’s how:
Step 1. Play the YouTube video. When you want to take a screenshot on YouTube, press the PrtSc key. Then it will capture the entire screen, so you’d better play the YouTube video in full-screen mode.
Step 2. Then open Word and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
Step 3. Right-click on the screenshot and choose Save as picture to save it on your computer.
Also Read: Want to Know Who Visits your Instagram? Check Out the Steps
Way 2: YouTube Screenshot Generator
If you don’t want to capture the whole screen, try a YouTube screen generator!
It’s an easy-to-use YouTube screenshot tool. With it, you can get screenshots and thumbnails from YouTube videos quickly.
Follow the steps below to screenshot YouTube.
Step 1. Go to YouTubeScreenshot.com, and enter the URL of the YouTube video. Then hit the Show screenshots button.
Step 2. Scroll down the page and play the youtube video. Then move the slider bar to where you would like to take a screenshot and click on Take Screenshot. The YouTube screenshot shows, right-click on it and choose the option Save image as… to save it.
If you want to save the YouTube thumbnail, scroll down the page and right-click on the thumbnail to save it.
Way 3: YouTube Screenshot Extension
The third option is using a YouTube screenshot extension. It’s the best way to take screenshots on YouTube that allows you to get screenshots from YouTube while watching videos.
You can capture an image of any YouTube video with one click by Screenshot YouTube. Let’s see how it works.
Step 1. Launch the Google Chrome browser, then download and install Screenshot YouTube.
Step 2. Open the YouTube website and sign in to your account.
Step 3. Find the YouTube video you would like to take screenshots.
Step 4. Click on this video to start playing and you’ll see the Screenshot button in the lower right of the video. When you’re ready, just tap on this button to capture the current image.
Step 5. The destination folder is checked by default. To find the YouTube screenshot, you need to navigate to This PC > Downloads. Then you’ll see the screenshot you just took.
Way 4: Power Button + Volume Button
Maybe you’re used to watching YouTube videos on your phone. So how to get a screen capture from YouTube on Phone? Here’s how:
Step 1. Launch the YouTube app and open a video you like.
Step 2. If you’re Android user, press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button simultaneously. For iPhone 6/7/8 users, press the Side button and the Home button at the same time. Then quickly release both buttons.
Is It Legal to Use a Screenshot from a YouTube Video
Is It Legal to Use a Screenshot from a YouTube Video? Using a YouTube screenshot without the owner’s permission is illegal.
If you want to use a YouTube screenshot on Wikipedia or for other purposes, then you need to ask for the permission from the copyright holder.
Also Read: How To Permanently Delete Your Instagram Account (2023)
Have you learned about how to take YouTube screenshots? Now, it’s your turn!
If you have any questions about YouTube screenshot, please leave a comment below and let us know.
Now you know how to get a screenshot from a YouTube video, start taking now! There is no need to install any YouTube screenshot software to do the job.
Is it Legal to Take Screenshots of YouTube Videos?
It is illegal to use a YouTube Video’s screenshot anywhere without the owner’s permission. To use it legally, you will need to obtain permission from the copyright owner.