How to Set Up a New Gmail Account for Yourself or Others
If you want to make a Gmail account for yourself or another person, here's everything you need to know.
Here in this article we will provide brief information about how to set up a new gmail account. Setting up a new Gmail account is relatively simple: whether you’re creating one for yourself or for another person. If you’re starting on Gmail for the first time, just setting up a new Gmail address, or creating the account for someone else, the process is similar.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to create a new Gmail account for others or for yourself.
How to Create a New Gmail Account
- To set up a new Gmail account, you will need to go to the Gmail website and select Create an account.
- If you are already signed into a Gmail account, you will need to select the top-right icon and choose Add another account on the dropdown menu. This will then take you to a page where you can get started adding the details for your new account.
- You then need to add the details for fields for First name, Last name, Username, and Password. It’s important to note the username will appear in the new Gmail email address as “[email protected]”. For the username, you can use letters, numbers, and periods.
- When you have filled in the necessary details, click Next.
- On the next page, Google will then ask you to verify your phone number. Enter your number and click Next. You will receive a verification code that you then need to enter.
- Once verified, you’ll see a page saying “Welcome to Google” with your new Gmail account. Here you can choose whether to keep your phone number linked to your account and whether you want to add a recovery email address.
- You’ll need to enter your date of birth and the gender field to proceed. Once you have done this, select Next.
This will then take you to your new Gmail inbox, which you can customize and adjust according to your preferences.
Make sure to sort your Gmail inbox and add any required folders or labels so that new messages go to the preferred tabs.
How to Make a Gmail Account for Someone Else
If you want to create a new Gmail account for others, such as a relative, the process is the same. However, there are some important things to take note of during the setup process.
Firstly, make sure you are not adding the account as an additional address to your existing Google account. Either sign out of Google, or use your browser in Incognito Mode to start a fresh account for the other person.
When entering the details for the other person’s account, make sure to enter the details of the person the account is for, rather than your own. Also, make sure that the username reflects that person’s desired username.
When verifying the account by phone, make sure that the person sends you the verification code so that you can complete the setup for them. You can also use your own number for the verification step and just remove it from the account afterwards.
Finally, you will need to provide the other person with the login username and password for their account so that they can sign in.
If they have an existing email account on another platform, set this as the recovery email for the Gmail account. This allows them to reset the password after you’ve handed over the account, as well as recover the password if they forget it.
You are also able to create a custom email address with Gmail. But this is a slightly more complicated process that involves owning your own domain and tweaking your web hosting email settings.
Easy Email Setup With Gmail
Setting up a new Gmail account is really simple, and switching between and managing multiple accounts is easy enough too if you link accounts.
Getting to know these easy yet powerful features of your Google account can open up a lot of productivity options for you.
Creating a New Gmail Account FAQ section
Can I use two email addresses in one Gmail account?
Yes. Having two or more mailboxes is a great way to keep track of different accounts. For example, you might use one account for your business and one account for your personal email accounts. They also come in handy if you want certain tasks prioritized over others every day, or maybe just one person’s messages that need to be prioritized over all other emails.
Can I delete my Gmail account?
Yes, you can easily delete your Gmail account but just keep in mind that doing so will result in you losing all of the data in your account, including any emails or any documents or pictures stored in your Drive. You’ll also lose access to any purchases you’ve made that are available to you through your Google account.
Can I change my name in Gmail?
Yes. You can change the name that’s linked to your Google email address. However, changing the name on the account does not mean that you’ll get a new username or email address. You’re more or less stuck with whatever email address you choose when you create your Google account, so keep that in mind if you think you might ever want to make a substantial change. Otherwise, changing your Google account name is easy.
Can I change my password in Gmail?
Yes, and it’s highly recommended that you do so every few months or so to keep unauthorized users from gaining access to your account. Whether you’re changing your password for security reasons or you’re simply resetting it because you forgot what it was, changing your Gmail password is a breeze.